About The Expert Stage
A data driven roadmap for measuring sustainability in the construction world
Delivering credible sustainable outcomes requires measurement and analytics as part of a top level data driven strategy.
In the construction industry where the drive to digitalisation is still at an early stage a geodata and open sourced approach can assist in building a strategy to measure and monitor sustainability.
This 2 1/2 hour session will look to answer the following questions:
- What does sustainability for the construction industry actually mean and who benefits from its improvements?
- What are the key metrics to be tracked in an organisation or on projects to improve sustainability?
- Where can open standards and geodata play a role in improving an understanding of the bigger picture?
- What are the policies and processes that need to be put in place to measure sustainability and what resources need to be allocated?
- How can data be collected and how can any historical data be incorporated into a living model?
- What is the scalability of a sustainability-based approach from the most localised to the largest project?
Target audience: The content of the Expert Stage will be largely non-technical, applying best case practice and thought processes to help leaders in government and the private sector to gain practical insights into enhancing their understanding of the topic.
Digital Underground: Advancing Subsurface Utility Mapping for Construction and Asset Management
Digital Construction: Unlocking the potential of digitalization for a sustainable AEC Industry
Digital Rail: Railway by design: Leveraging new technologies to deliver on budget projects